Discover the largest palm grove in Europe with this Elche & El Hondo Natural Park Trip. Explore the unique locations around Alicante where you can also enjoy the beautiful park.
Elche & El Hondo Natural Park Day Trip
We'll leave from Hotel Spa Portamaris in Alicannet at 10 am and head south of the province.
The tour will start in the historical centre of Elche, where we'll admire the different artistic styles that are combined in the Basilica of Santa Maria and the Castle-Palace of Altamira. The latter was built in the 15th century by Gutierre de Cárdenas, a very important character in the time of the Catholic Kings, as can be seen in the famous television series "Isabel".
The highlight of the city tour will be a visit to the palm grove, the collection of over 200,000 palm trees make it the largest in Europe. Then we'll step back in time to the Moorish period of the Iberian Peninsula to learn about the history of this botanical jewel, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Our next stop will be the Hondo Natural Park, one of the most important natural enclaves on the Levantine coast. This marshy area dotted with vegetation is home to more than 127 species of birds, including ducks and flamingos, and with a bit of luck, we might see some of them!
After enjoying some free time for lunch, we'll return to Alicante arriving at 4 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 2 years old|
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Hotel Spa Portamaris.