Remind yourself of the iconic series with this Game of Thrones Tour from Bilbao. You'll visit the well known locations such as San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, Zumaia and Muriola Beach.
Game of Thrones Tour
At 8 am we'll depart from the Paseo del Arenal in Bilbao by bus that will take us to explore the locations for the successful HBO series, Game of Thrones. We'll find out why these locations were chosen and more fun facts.
As we follow in the footsteps of Tyrion, Daenerys and Jon Snow along the Basque coast, our first stop will be Muriola beach, in Barrika, better known in fiction as the King's Landing beach. Here we'll be reminded of when Davos, Tyrion and Gendry run away from the Golden Company in the seventh season.
Next, we'll visit Butron Castle, an imposing fortress 20 kilometres (12 miles) from Bilbao. Here you can try on cloaks and swords to dress up as the Lords of Winterfell, don't forget to take a photo!
We'll follow the Game of Thrones tour through the symbolic corner of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. Or should we say Rocadragon? We'll learn about its history, remember the scenes that were recorded here and climb the 241 steps that lead to the chapel.
After this intense walk, we'll stop in Bermeo where you'll have one hour of free time to have lunch at a local restaurant. We recommend the famous pintxos accompanied by a txakoli.
Following on we'll travel to the last stop of the tour, Itzurun beach in Zumaia. Do you remember the arrival of Daenerys and his dragons? It's no surprise the producers of the series selected this location to shoot one of the most important moments of the series. You'll be enamoured by its landscape!
We'll finish the tour arriving back at the meeting point at approximately 5:30 pm.
Half Day Tour
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice of a half-day option for this tour. This option begins at 9 am and ends at 2:30 pm.
The half-day tour will follow the same itinerary except for the visits to Bermeo and Itzurun beach in Zumaia.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Half day tour
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 42.20
Children under 2 years oldFree
Full day tour
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 66.30
Children under 2 years oldFree
5 hours 30 minutes - 9 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Paseo del Arenal.