Do you want to explore the beautiful Huelva estuary on board a boat? Then this is the tour for you! You will discover the nature of this idyllic region corner of Spain and learn all about the history behind Columbus' epic journey to the Americas.
Wharf of the Caravels Boat Trip
We will pick you up at your hotel in El Portil at the scheduled time, before heading to the docks of Punta Umbria where we begin our boat trip to the Wharf of the Caravels. Relax, sit back, and enjoy the views of the estuary!
We drift alongside the banks where the Tinto and Odiel rivers meet, forming the Huelva estuary. This is the setting of the wonderful Odiel Marshes Biosphere Reserve, home to a rich variety of incredible nature and wildlife.
Our journey continues with a stop at the Wharf of the Caravels. Here, we will tour life-size replicas of the three ships which undertook the famous voyage of discovery - La Niña, La Pinta and La Santa María. Onboard these magnificent vessels you will feel like a true explorer.
After reaching dry land, we will take you back to your hotel in El Portil.
Minimum age restriction
The minimum age restriction to do this activity is 2 years old.
Not Staying in El Portil?
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 2 to 12 years old||Children under 2|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 2 to 12 years oldUS$ 33.30
Children under 2not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in car.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Wharf of the Caravels.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.