Intrigued by Christopher Columbus' travels to the Americas? Discover the secrets of his expedition exploring historical sites in Huelva on this guided trail.
Huelva Christopher Columbus Trail Itinerary
Leaving El Rompido behind on the day of your tour, you'll head in the direction of Palos de la Frontera, the historic town where your Christopher Columbus Trail will begin. During the journey, your guide will keep you entertained with explanations of the most important places of interest in Palos.
Arriving in Palos de la Frontera, you'll start following in the footsteps of Columbus, whose legacy can be found all over the historic fishing town, as it was from here that he set sail on his journey to the Americas. You'll visit the Friary of La Rábida, where Columbus stayed after his first expedition proposal was rejected.
You'll then visit the Wharf of the Caravels, a recreation of the old Huelva port which saw the departure of Columbus' ships. Marvel at the life-size replicas of the three iconic caravels that embarked on the expedition: the Pinta, the Niña and the Santa María.
Immerse yourself in the history of the explorers' arrival in the Americas visiting the Island of the Encounter, a representation of the indigenous cultures that Columbus and his fellow sailors met when they landed.
At the end of a fascinating tour, you'll return to El Rompido.
Pick up points and times
When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select your preferred pick up point from the following hotels in El Rompido:
- Fuerte Hotel (9:05 am).
- Garden Playanatural Hotel (9:10 am).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 23.70
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Local English speaking guide with expert knowledge of art and history.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Entrance to monuments visited.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.