Delve into thousands of years of Spanish history on this guided tour of Huelva's most important places of interest. Explore the curious English-style Queen Victoria district, admire the Cathedral and discover the city's role in the conquering of the Americas.
Huelva Guided Tour Itinerary
After being picked up from your selected meeting point in El Rompido on the morning of your tour, you'll set off towards Huelva, the capital of the province of the same name, located just 18 miles (30 km) away. Arriving after around a half an hour drive, you'll embark on your panoramic tour of the historic centre's most emblematic places of interest.
Discover the Queen Victoria district, a neighbourhood built at the start of the 20th century for the miners working in the Rio Tinto mines, whose curious English-style buildings are sure to intrigue you. You'll then reach Huelva Cathedral, where you'll head inside to discover its lengthy history on a guided tour. Did you know the cathedral was built on top of the chapel of a former convent? You can still see the old convent building today, which has played many roles since its foundation: from a hospital, to part of the University of Huelva campus today.
Next, you'll make your way to Casa Colón, or "Columbus House", where you'll hear all about Huelva's industrial and colonial past while you admire the elegant pink building, which is currently a congressional palace and the seat of the city's Iberoamerican Film Festival. You'll then have free time to explore the historic centre by yourself: visit the Town Hall, St Peter's Church, the Gran Teatro theatre and the Palacio de las Conchas.
There will also be time for you to visit the historic Tinto docks, formerly used to transport mining material and these days a lively spot for locals to go fishing or stroll along the promenade. At the end of your guided city tour, you'll make the return journey to El Rompido.
Pick up points and times
This excursion includes a pick up service from the following hotels in El Rompido:
- Fuerte Hotel (9:05 am).
- Garden Playanatural Hotel (9:10 am).
When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select your preferred pick up point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 17.90
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Local English speaking guide with expert knowledge of art and history.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Panoramic bus tour.
Food and drinks.
Entrance to museums.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.