Its magnificent façade makes Jaen Cathedral one of the most remarkable works of the Spanish Renaissance. On this guided tour we'll find out all about this breathtaking building!
Jaen Cathedral Guided Tour
From the Plaza Santa María, in the heart of Jaén, we'll begin a complete tour of the Cathedral of the Assumption of the Virgin. We'll be waiting for you at its main entrance, one of the most beautiful parts of this Renaissance temple.
Once inside, we'll visit the rooms designed by Andrés de Vandelvira, such as the Sacristy, the Chapterhouse and the Canon's Pantheon. We'll also get to know its Choir, famous for being one of the largest in Spain.
Then we'll have time to go up to the high galleries, where we'll have some magnificent views of Jaen, perfect for taking some beautiful photos.
As we explore its corridors, we'll discover some of the most interesting stories this chathedral has to offer. Is it true that the Veil of Veronica has been seen in Jaen? We'll continue to learn more about the temple before concluding the visit at the entrance the cathedral.
- Although the guided tour is free for children under 12, they must pay 1.5 euros when entering the Cathedral.
- We recommend wearing comfortable footwear and bringing water, especially during the summer months (June-August).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
Children under 12 years oldFree
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guided specialising in art and history.
Entry to the cathedral for over 12 year olds.
Entry to the high galleries.
Entry to the museum (Panteón de Canónigos).
Entry fee to the cathedral for under 12 year olds.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Jaen Cathedral, Plaza Santa María.