Immerse yourself in the depths of the Cueva de Las Palomas in La Palmas on this caving tour and feel like an expert caver as you tour this stunning lava tube and find out how it was created.
Caving Tour in Cueva de Las Palomas
We'll meet at your chosen time outside the Caños de Fuego Interpretation Center to begin an incredible route through the Cueva de Las Palomas, the most amazing volcanic formation on La Palma island!
We will explore hardened lava flows as we head towards the entrance of the grotto to dig into its origins. The cave was formed in 1949 after the eruption of the San Juan volcano and we'll explain the unusual volcanic process that produced this tunnel, almost half a kilometre in length!
Before entering the Cueva de Las Palomas, we will equip ourselves with the necessary caving equipment. With helmets on and flashlights adjusted, it's time to explore!
We will investigate the cave, all the while with explanations on how the local wildlife has adapted to live in this underground environment. Walking through the tunnels you'll get an idea of the great scientific and biological value of the place and be amazed by the unusual shapes that the solidified lava has created. An amazing experience!
After two hours, we will finish the route back at the point of origin.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Adults: Canary Island residentsUS$ 21.40
Children 6-12US$ 11.90
Children 6-12: Canary Island residentsUS$ 10.70
Children under 6not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Bilingual English and Spanish guide.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Centro de interpretación Caños de Fuego.