Do you want to go to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana in just 30 minutes? Don't miss the opportunity with this day tour to Santo Domingo by plane accompanied by an English speaking guide. You'll visit the Columbus Alcazar, the cathedral and many more important monuments.
Santo Domingo Day Tour by Plane
We'll pick you up from your hotels between 6 and 7 am, and head to Punta Cana airport where the plane will be waiting to take us to Santo Domingo.
After 35 minutes, we'll land at 8:10 am and a minibus will be at the terminal to take us to Santo Domingo's Colonial Zone. Then, we'll spend two hours being guided around the Columbus Alcazar and the Santo Domingo Cathedral. Did you know that this place of worship is one of the oldest Catholic buildings in Latin America?
We'll wander around the old town of the Dominican capital. In particular, we'll focus on Las Damas street where there are several historic buildings including the Hernán Cortés house, the Chapel of Our Lady of Remedies, the Casas Reales Museum and more. You'll then have an hour and a half of free time to continue exploring the city or go shopping.
Afterwards, we'll stop to have lunch at a local restaurant which will including a main meal and a drink. We'll sample a traditional dish including rice, beans, stewed meat, avocado and fried banana. If you have any food allergies or dietary requirements you should state this at the time of booking.
Finally, we'll get on the bus to the next stop: Agora shopping centre. After an hour and a half of free time, we'll go back to Santo Domingo airport to get a flight back to Punta Cana at 4:30 pm. We'll then drop you off at your hotels at 6 pm.
The maximum weight to board the plane is 136 kilograms per person (300 pounds).
Santo Domingo Day Trip
If you'd like to go to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana with the cheaper option or you just prefer road travel you can book the Santo Domingo Day Trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 8 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
US$ 272 US$ 216.25
US$ 272 US$ 216.25
Tour in English
AdultsUS$ 272 US$ 216.25
Children between 3 and 8 years oldUS$ 272 US$ 216.25
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other languages.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
Plane tickets between Punta Cana and Santo Domingo.
English speaking guide.
Transport by car or minibus.
Entry to the Columbus Alcazar.
Lunch: Main meal and a drink.
20% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.