See the Mayan ruins of the Yucatán on this excursion to Chichén Itzá, when the watery morning light illuminates the monuments, creating an unforgettable image.
Chichén Itzá Day Trip Itinerary
First thing in the morning we'll pick you up at your chosen meeting point in Riviera Maya and make our way to the interior of the Yucatán peninsula at sunrise.
Arriving at the Mayan Chichén Itzá complex, we'll enjoy an hour and a half long guided tour of the surrounding area. The sunlight on the Kukulcán pyramid is sure to captivate your gaze, fixing it to this impressive monument, commonly known as "the castle" thanks to its shape. Its function was more mystic however, and on our visit we'll learn about the secrets the pyramid holds, whose link with Mayan astronomy is long and storied.
We'll also investigate the Mayan 'football stadium', found next to the pyramid, although in reality it's neither a stadium nor was the sport football. You'll learn about the Mesoamerican ballgame, a sacred sport practised by the indigenous cultures of Mesoamerica, before visiting the warrior temple, whose forest of columns make it one of the most impressive sights in the area.
Afterwards, we'll enjoy a delicious buffet lunch with no shortage of local dishes. Then you'll have an hour and a half of free time to continue exploring the area of Chichén Itzá at your leisure. During this time you can take millions of pictures or go to the little stands to take some typical souvenirs.
Finally, after visiting the most famous Mayan city in the world, we'll start our way back making a brief stop to rest. The tour will end at 2 pm arriving at the different meeting points of the Riviera Maya.
The trip includes pick up from the following meeting points at the indicated times:
- 4 am: Bus stop at the Oxxo shop, next to the Pemex gas station in Pentempich Bay.
- 4:15 am: Bus stop at the 7 Eleven shop, next to the Pemex gas station next to the bridge.
- 4:40 am: Bus stop at the Oxxo shop, next to the Pemex gas station located by the Secrets Capri Riviera Cancún Hotel.
- 5 am: Entrance to the Hotel HM Playa del Carmen.
- 4 am: Entrance to the Plaza Antigua shopping centre.
- 4:40 am: Go Mart supermarket, next to Puerto Aventuras.
- 4 am: Circle K supermarket, next to Pemex gas station located by the Catalonia Royal Tulum.
Below you can see a map showing the exact location of the meeting points:
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children (3-11 years old)||Children under 3|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children (3-11 years old)US$ 40
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Skip the line access to the archaeological site.
Snack (baguette, juice and biscuits).
Cultur fee for foreigners: 453 MXN (US$ 22.40), for Mexicans: 157 MXN (US$ 7.80).
Tax for the use of mobile devices in Chichén Itzá: 45 MXN (US$ 2.20) per person.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How can I pay the Chichen Itza non-Mexican citizen fee
A - By card on the day of the tour, or via PayPal by email beforehand.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.