Swim with whale sharks, the largest fish in the world, and visit the incredible Isla Mujeres. A day trip to remember!
Isla Mujeres + Swimming with Whale Sharks Experience
We'll come and pick you up from your hotel and head to the coast of the Riviera Maya, where you can enjoy a breakfast of coffee, fruit juice, pastries and fresh fruit. With our energy replenished we'll set sail in a speedboat across the Caribbean Sea.
As we cruise along, our expert guide will give you information about whale sharks' habits and lifestyles, and when we see them in the water we'll give you the snorkel equipment so that you can jump in and see them up close, if you want to. Sometimes the whale sharks swim with their young, and other times we also see stingrays; it's an experience you'll never forget!
After swimming with the whale sharks, we'll give you sandwiches and drinks on the boat to replenish your energy and then we'll sail to a beautiful coral reef where you'll be able to snorkel once again. After admiring the marine life, we'll head towards the famous Isla Mujeres. We'll anchor down at Playa Norte, the best beach on this Caribbean paradise, and you'll be able to enjoy the crystal-clear water and fine white sand.
At the beach, you'll enjoy a delicious local lunch with sandwiches, guacamole and fresh fruit. There is also a vegetarian menu available at prior request. After lunch, we'll return to your hotel in Riveria Maya.
- Children under 5 years old cannot participate in this activity, and under 18s must always be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- The use of life jackets is compulsory (included in the price of the activity). You can choose to do the activity without a lifejacket if you wear a neoprene wetsuit (not included in the price).
- The sun cream and insect repellant used on this trip must be biodegradable, so as to not harm marine life.
- If you prefer, this trip is also available directly from Cancun.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 16 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||Children under 5|
Per personUS$ 137.20
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Professional PADI qualified English speaking guide.
Whale shark snorkelling experience.
Coral reef snorkelling experience.
Water and soft drinks throughout the day and beer after snorkelling.
Jetty and marine park tax (approx. 15 USD per person).
Neoprene wetsuit (optional, approx. 20 USD per person).
Optional photos (approx. 35 USD per person).
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (11:59 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What is the maximum capacity of the boat?
A - No matter the size of the boat, the maximum capacity is 10 people per boat.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.