The Bacalar Lake, known as the Lagoon of the Seven Colors, because of the varying shades of its water, is one of the natural treasures of the Yucatan. Let this beautiful natural paradise seduce your senses when you take this fantastic trip from Riviera Maya.
Lake of the Seven Colors Trip
After picking you up from your selected location between 7 and 7:30 am, we will head towards the shores of Bacalar Lake: a unique natural space in the Yucatan Peninsula, which is known as the "lagoon of the seven colors" due to the contrasting tones of its water.
Upon arrival, we will enjoy a delicious breakfast with views of the lagoon itself, before boarding a sailboat to explore the remotest of its corners!
During the cruise, we'll see the Canal de los Piratas (Pirates' Canal), a narrow place that connects the lagoon with the Hondo river. It's not difficult to imagine the origin of its name! We will also explore by the "island of the Birds", the perfect spot for the ornithologists among you. There you can spot parrots, owls, hawks or mockingbirds. Cameras at the ready!
As we continue to investigate, we'll discover the seven shades of blue within waters and the peculiar formations called stromatolites. Before disembarking, we'll enjoy a delicious lunch on board packed with local specialities like tamales, rice and fish.
Then you will have two hours of free time in Bacalar. Here, you can buy a typical souvenir to remember your day! Finally, we will take you back to your selected pickup location between 7 pm and 7:30 pm.
This tour includes pickup from Avenida Tulum. If you prefer, you can choose another pickup location upon reservation:
- Tulum hotel area.
- Hotels between Bahia Principe and Puerto Aventuras for a supplement of 10 dollars per person.
- Hotels between Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen for a supplement of 20 dollars per person.
- Hotels between the north of Playa del Carmen and Iberostar Playa Paraíso for a supplement of 30 dollars per person.
- Hotels between Iberostar Playa Paraíso and Puerto Morelos for a supplement of 40 dollars per person.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 4-8||Children under 4|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children 4-8US$ 145
Children under 4Free
12 hours - 12 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
2 hour boat trip.
Sailboat cruise on the lagoon
Breakfast and lunch.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (6:00 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.