Do you dare to explore the largest flooded cave system in the Yutacán Peninsula? With this excursion to the Rio Secreto you'll discover an incredible subterranean world between unusual rock formations and turquoise waters.
Río Secreto Tour
Having picked you up from the meeting point, we'll hit the road to the Rio Secreto, 10 km north from the hotels of the Riviera Maya. When we arrive you'll be welcomed and taken to the entry of the natural reserve following a journey through the jungle by pick up truck.
Once at the entrance to the Rio Secreto, you will be given the necessary material for the activity, and a professional guide will accompany you on a tour of this natural wonder whose rock formations tell the geological history of the Yucatán Peninsula.
Then begins the 90-minute adventure along the longest subterranean river on the Yucatán Peninsula: enjoy the silence of this grotto, swim in crystal clear water and be delighted by 600 metres of stalactites and stalagmites.
At the end of the tour you will be invited to a buffet filled with local delicacies, and you can relax in this magnificent natural environment.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 54.50
Mexican AdultsUS$ 82
Mexican Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 41
Children under 4not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Rio Secreto in small groups.
Buffet style lunch.
Helmet with light.
Optional photographs of the activity: US$ 25 per person.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.