Dive into the turquoise waters of the Caribbean and discover its rich marine life with this incredible swimming with turtles experience in Akumal Bay.
Sea Turtle Snorkeling Experience
The morning of the activity, we will pick you up from your hotel and bring you to Akumal Bay. There, we will get ready with snorkeling equipment to start this swimming experience with sea turtles.
We will move about the reef to see three of the seven different types of sea turtles that inhabit the local waters. You'll sea loggerhead sea turtles, green sea turtles and hawksbill sea turtles up close!
While we enjoy the company of these local aquatic residents, you may also come across sea urchins, coral and even manta rays! An unforgettable experience to compliment your stay in the Riviera Maya.
At the end of the activity, we will say goodbye to the friendly turtles and return to the hotel, arriving between 10:45 am and 12:45 pm.
Hotel pickup applies to hotels in Tulum and the Riviera Maya, as well as hotels between Playa del Carmen and Moon Palace Hotel.
You can check the pickup schedule by location using the following link:
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 60% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 4-11 years old||Children under 4|
Children 4-11 years oldUS$ 59
Children under 4not permitted
3 hours 45 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pickup and return.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Marine life conservation fee: US$ 13 per person.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.