San Sebastian is a unique, beautiful corner of northern Spain. The most entertaining and comfortable way to see it is from a train carriage. You'll discover why everyone falls in love with this city and its famous Concha beach.
San Sebastian Tourist Train
The tourist train of San Sebastian begins its journey in the heart of the city, on the Paseo de Salamanca avenue, at one end of the Kursaal Bridge. From this point, you will enjoy brilliant views of the Cantabrian Sea and the Urumea River, before we depart towards the Old Town.
Along the journey, you will witness some of the landmarks and places that make this Basque city a favorite tourist destination. We will pass along the Bay of La Concha, which is regarded as one of the most beautiful urban beaches in the world. We will also see the Island of Santa Clara, another of the picture postcard landmarks of the capital of the Guipuzcoa province.
From the carriages, we will also see the famous Mount Urgull, from where spectacular views of Donostia can be obtained. We then pass the Miramar Palace, a British-style building that was the summer residence of the Spanish Royal Family in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. We continue into the city center, where we pass the Cathedral of the Good Shepherd, the Victoria Eugenia Theatre and along the picturesque streets before returning to the starting point.
Every passenger on this two-car train will have access to a multilanguage audioguide with entertaining descriptions of the landmarks that you can see along the route.
You can consult the route map of the tourist train via the following link:
Times and frequency
- Low season is from 1 November to 16 March: Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am to 5 pm, departing every hour.
- Midseason is from 17 March to 30 June and from 18 September to 29 October: from 11 am to 7 pm, departing every hour.
- High season is from 1 July to 17 September: from 10 am to 8:30 pm, departing every 45 minutes.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 5 to 12 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children from 5 to 12 years oldUS$ 3.60
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with recorded commentary in in english and other language.
Individual headphones for each participant.
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Paseo de Salamanca, at the end of the Kursaal Bridge