Discover the monuments, squares and streets on the banks of Venice's romantic canals with this free tour of the historic centre of the city.
Free Walking Tour of Venice
The tour meets in front of the entrance to the Gallerie dell'Accademia, in the middle of the Dorsoduro neighbourhood. We'll head to the Teatro de La Fenice, admiring its exterior, and learning about some anecdotes associated with the long history of this temple to opera.
Then we'll head to the monuments of St Mark's Square: the basilica, the graveyard, the Doge's Palace... Then on the way back to the departure point, we'll head to Venice's Grand Canal to admire the palaces and churches that line its banks, including the majestic baroque Basilica of Santa María della Salute.
We'll continue visiting the Scala Contarini del Bovolo - one of the finest examples of Venetian Gothic architecture, and one of the most unique buildings in the city. Then we'll finish the tour back in St Mark's Square. With the tour over, you can visit the famous bridge, the symbol of the city - to enjoy extraordinary views of the Grand Canal.
- It is not possible to participate in this tour if you are a group of more than 6 people. If you are a group of more than 4, or would like an exclusive tour for you, your family and friends, try our private tour of Venice.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. There is a maximum of 3 children permitted per adult.
- This free walking tour does not enter any paid monuments.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide, expert in the history of Venice.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.