Discover the island San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, one of the most charming attractions of the Basque Country. Delve into the history of the hermitage and enjoy the spectacular views.
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe Trip
After picking you up from your hotel in Bilbao, we will travel by bus to the viewpoint from where you can see the zigzagging bridge that will take us to the island. Once there, we will have two hours free for the tour of the stone walkway of 241 steps which leads from the mainland to the summit of the island.
We will gradually ascend up to the beautiful hermitage, which you may recognize from the hit series, Game of Thrones. Once we reach the top of the island, we will admire the incredible views that surround it.
We will enter the chapel dedicated to John the Baptist to try the ancient local tradition of ringing the bell and making a wish.
After, we will drive to the picturesque coastal town of Bermeo. There, we will stroll through the old, narrow streets and hear all about its deep-rooted seafaring tradition.
Before finishing our trip, we will stop in Guernica, a Basque town made famous by the painting by Pablo Picasso. We will hear all about the events that took place here during the Civil War, as we explore the Casa de Juntas, one of the few buildings that survived.
The tour ends back at the hotel in Bilbao.
- For reservations made for only one adult and one or more children, one child must pay the adult rate.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 2 to 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children from 2 to 12 years oldUS$ 39.20
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Pick up and drop off at your hotel.
Transport by bus or minibus.
Official English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.