Leave Spain behind and escape to the breathtakingly beautiful Algarve region of Portugal: explore picturesque fishing towns and discover stunning beaches on this day trip from El Rompido.
Algarve Day Trip Itinerary
Having been picked up from your preferred meeting point in El Rompido, you'll set off in the direction of Portugal, heading to one of the most popular regions of the country: the Algarve. You'll cross over the famous Guadiana International Bridge, which connects the Spanish town of Ayamonte with the Portuguese town of Castro Marim.
Your first stop on arrival in Portugal will be in Loulé, a luxury tourist destination popular with many holidaymakers in the Algarve. Enjoy the town's Medieval Islamic history as you take in the views of the castle, and explore the Municipal Market to discover the most typical foods in southern Portugal.
Next, you'll be taken to Albufeira, one of the most well-known towns in this coastal region. You'll be captivated by the charms of this historic fishing village, with its pretty whitewashed houses and spectacular beaches. You'll have free time in Albufeira to enjoy lunch at one of the many terraces overlooking the wildly beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
Later, you'll head to Vila Real de Santo Antonio, which is located on the important Guadiana River. The town's picturesque 18th-century lanes and alleyways are truly enchanting! There will be time here for you to make the most of the shopping haven to purchase souvenirs in the many different stores.
For the finishing touch on your excursion to Portugal, you'll return to El Rompido by bus after a magical day in the Algarve.
Pick up points and times
This excursion includes a pick up service from the following hotels in El Rompido:
- Fuerte Hotel (8:50 am).
- Garden Playanatural Hotel (9 am).
When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select your preferred pick up point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 29.10
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.