Do you want to discover Gibraltar? Explore The Rock, shop in the British stores and admire spectacular views across to Africa on this guided day trip from El Rompido.
Gibraltar Day Trip Itinerary
You'll be picked up from El Rompido first thing in the morning, ready to set off in the direction of the Rock of Gibraltar, which has been British Territory since the start of the 18th century and a topic of debate between Britain and Spain ever since. And not for nothing: the promontory is a strategically important location in the famous Strait of Gibraltar.
Travel by bus through Andalusia to the border, and, once you've crossed over, you'll embark on a guided tour of "The Rock" and Saint Michael's Cave, one of Gibraltar's most popular tourist attractions. Part of an extensive network of limestone caves marked by impressive stalactites, the grotto has a long and intriguing history and has been used by military forces since the Middle Ages.
Next, you'll head to Europa Point, the southernmost point of The Rock, from which you'll enjoy spectacular views over the Bay of Gibraltar and over to the Rif mountains in Morocco. Punta Europa is also home to the Shrine of Our Lady of Europe and the Ibrahim-al-Ibrahim Mosque.
Continuing your discovery of Gibraltar, your next stop will be getting to know some of its most important inhabitants: the famous monkeys! The Barbary Macaques are the only species of primate to live in the wild in Europe, and according to legend, as long as they live on The Rock, it will remain under British control.
Finally, you'll have free time to explore Gibraltar at your own pace, eat in one of its restaurants or go shopping, before making the return journey to El Rompido.
Please note that as Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory, and entry requirements are generally the same as UK entry requirements. You will need to show your passport or national ID card upon entry and nationals of some countries will also need a visa.
Pick up points and times
This excursion includes a pick up service from the following hotels in El Rompido:
- Fuerte Hotel (4:30 am).
- Garden Playanatural Hotel (4:35 am).
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 50.60
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Local English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Gibraltar art and history.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.