Whales, penguins and many other native Patagonian species are waiting for you in the North Valdés Peninsula. Ready to discover its rich and varied wildlife?
North Valdes Peninsula Day Trip
From your hotel in Madryn Port we'll make our way first to the Istmo Carlos Ameghino visitor centre: a narrow strip of land barely 6 km wide, which connects the Argentinian province of Chubut with the Valdés Peninsula. Following this first stop, which will serve as an introduction to the local fauna and flora, we'll head to the Puerto Pirámides villa.
Here you might see the famous whales of the region or cormorants, and then our route continues towards Caleta Valdés, on the coast of which you can find the Punta Cantor viewpoint, where you can see the elephant seals of Punta Cantor, and a huge number of penguins. Here you'll have free time to eat in the café or picnic stands, as you prefer.
From here, we continue our tour of the North of the peninsula, on the way to Punta Norte, where you'll find orcas, sea lions, and other species which together form part of the area's rich ecosystem, such as armadillos and guanacos.
With a day filled with the spectacular species of Patagonia behind you, we'll take you back to your hotel in Puerto Madryn.
- Wild animals are unpredictable. The number of animals you will see depends on various factors such as the temperature, the marine currents and the direction and strength of the wind.
- Using this Peninsula Valdes Viewing Calendar you can check which is the best time of year to view your favourite species of animal.
- If you would like to see the whales of the area, you can also reserve the whale watching tour of the Valdes Peninsula.
- In the case of bad weather, the local provider may change the itinerary, including day, route and duration.
- We suggest that you come prepared with the following: warm clothing, comfortable footwear, sun cream and hat.
The ticket to the reserve is not included in the excursion. This ticket, whose price varies depending on the entry point, should be paid for on the day of the tour. There are discounts for Argentinian residents. The standard prices are:
- Adults over 12 years old: 650 ARS (US$ 6.80).
- Children between 6 and 11 years old: 330 ARS (US$ 3.50)
- Children under 5 years old and seniors over 60 enter for free.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 11 years old||Children under 4 years old|
Children between 4 and 11 years oldUS$ 50.30
Children under 4 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations to avoid the spread of Covid-19. Show more
A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 70% of their maximum capacity.
Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of nature in the area.
Food and drinks.
Whale watching boat trips: from 5,000 ARS (US$ 52.40).
When to book?
You can book up until 8 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Wheelchair accessible. This must be indicated in the reservation. An accompanying person is required.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.