Discover how the famous anchovies of Santoña are made on this tour of a factory in the fishing village and go on a boat ride along the Cantabrian coast.
Satoña Boat Ride & Anchovy Factory Trip
We'll set off from Santander in the morning and head to the village of Santoña. After a 45-minute drive, we'll reach this famous fishing village on the Cantabrian coast.
In Santoña we'll visit an anchovy factory called Conservas Emilia, where we'll see the manufacturing process of this exclusive product. We'll discover the importance of the food preserves industry for this village and its evolution throughout the twentieth century.
Then we'll head to the port of Santoña sail off on a boat trip around the bay. During the cruise you'll enjoy magnificent views of the coast and the marshes of Santoña, a protected natural place of great beauty where thousands of migratory birds come every year.
On our way back to the port, we'll head off to explore Santoña. As we stroll past the fishermen's picturesque houses, we'll find out about the history of the village, which is currently an important tourist and fishing destination in Cantabria.
The trip will end near the Santander marina.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 30.10
Children under 2Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in a minivan.
English speaking guide.
Transport to Santoña.
Visit to an anchovy factory.
Guided tour of Santoña.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Calle Castelar, 49.