Discover fascinating pre-historic cave paintings with this guided tour of the Abrics de l'Ermita and a visit to the interpretation centre.
Abrics de l'Ermita Rock Art
We'll meet at the time of your choice at the Pietat Chapel, located on the road between Tortosa and Ulldecona.
The tour will begin with a brief introduction to the spirituality behind the Levantine cave paintings found in this area of Catalonia. What did they represent? Where did they get the dyes from? These questions will be answered when we visit the Abrics de l'Ermita Rock Art Interpretation Centre, where we'll learn all about how humans lived 7000 years ago.
After visiting the centre, we'll take a walk to see three of the nine shelters that have been preserved around the chapel. Inside these caves, we'll get to see an extraordinary set of cave paintings declared a World Heritage Site.
This rock art from the Neolithic period reflects the civilization's beliefs and myths, many of them related to hunting. It is also a way of capturing their rituals on stone. In order to carry them out, they would gather in this type of natural terrain that protected them from the rain and winds.
Two hours later, our guided tour will end as we enjoy breathtaking views of the region of El Montsiá and the Serra de Godall mountain range.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Over 65sUS$ 8.40
Youth card holdersUS$ 8.40
Children between 13 and 16 years oldUS$ 8.40
Children under 13 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Entry fee to the Abrics de l'Ermita.
When to book?
You can book up until the same day (9:00 am) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.