Discover the Spanish birthplace of orange growing with this Carcagente Orange Grove Tour. Visit one of the most famous estates in the Valencian town and see what day-to-day life is like for farmers.
Carcagente Orange Grove Tour
After picking you up at the Carcagente train station at the scheduled time, we'll go to Huerto Ribera grove which dates back to the 19th century. Here, we'll discover everything about how they grow high-quality oranges.
The tour will begin by admiring their large warehouse, and walking through the gardens as we see the century-old orange trees and all kinds of flowers. You'll enjoy the pleasant aroma of orange blossom!
We'll reveal the most traditional cultivation methods while explaining how the avant-garde techniques have been incorporated into this sector. By the way, do you know how many varieties of citrus fruits there are? Sanguinelli, citrus yuzu, mano de buda, citrus caviar, calamondin, kumquats... You'll discover how they differ from each other.
You'll also see how the irrigation systems, pruning and grafting work. You'll have the chance to compete and a winner will get a diploma as a qualified farmer. We'll also put ourselves in the shoes of the workers on these farms by participating in an activity in which you can take up to 1.5 kilos of oranges or tangerines harvested with your own hands.
Before concluding, we'll enjoy a tasting of artisenal liqueurs with fruit flavours - delicious!
The tour will end back at the train station approximately two and a half hours after the original meeting time.
Option without transfer
If you prefer, you can choose to make your own way to Huerto Ribera.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
Tour in English
Over 65 years oldUS$ 14.50
Children between 6 and 16 years oldUS$ 9.70
Children under 6 years oldFree
2 hours - 2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Transport by car or minibus (optional).
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 11 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Carcagente train station