Discover beautiful Cartagena when you take our fabulous free walking tour. An expert local guide will show you around all the emblematic locations of the historic Murcian city. Best of all, it's free!
Cartagena Free Walking Tour
We will meet up, next to the magnificent Consistorial Palace, with the professional local historian who will be our guide on this trip. Together we take a route around the most iconic sights of this city.
We begin by exploring the ancient 16th and 17th-century streets, passing along San Agustin Square and Calle Bodegones street. We then arrive at the Town Hall, an impressive building presiding over the square. From here, we then stroll down Calle Mayor street, the main shopping street in Cartagena.
Our walk continues through the remains of the Convent of San Francisco and the Palace of Marqués de Valdelomar. You will hear all about the history of these buildings before we then explore the exterior grounds of one of Cartagena's top attractions, the ancient Roman Forum.
Later, we will stroll around the historic Roman thermal baths, located on Calle Honda, until we reach San Sebastian square. Our free tour wouldn't be complete without also passing along the famous Puertas de Murcia street, which we walk along until we reach the Icue Statue and the Historic Bank of Spain.
You can make a reservation for a maximum of 6 people on our free tour.
- Children under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. The maximum number of children is three per adult.
- We will not be entering any monument that charges for entry. However, we will visit their exterior grounds.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide
When to book?
You can book up until 11 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Hotel NH Cartagena