Delve into Carthago Nova's Roman past by reserving this ticket to the Roman Theatre Museum, with which you'll discover the history of this important monument.
Cartagena Roman Theatre Museum Ticket
With this ticket, you'll be immersed in Carthago Nova's Roman past while you observe the archaeological pieces found in and around the Roman Theatre of Cartagena.
The museum is composed of different ancient buildings incorporated into the structure, such as the Riquelme Palace or the church of Santa Maria, from the medieval period. The visit starts in the first room, located in the palace, which is used for temporary exhibitions and where you can learn about the history of the theatre. An underground corridor will take you to the room where the most emblematic objects found during the excavations are displayed, such as jewellery, statues or vessels.
Then you'll arrive at the tunnel that passes under the medieval church and you'll find the perfect end to your visit: the Roman Theatre of Cartagena, one of the biggest in Spain. You'll be able to see the remains of its stage front, the orchestra, reserved for patricians and rulers, and the cavea, where the plebs sat.
This theatre had a capacity for 7000 people and was used by the citizens of Carthago Nova until the 3rd century. Thanks to the archaeological excavations carried out in the 80's and the design of the architect Rafael Moneo, today it is possible to enjoy this tour of Cartagena's glorious era.
The Roman Theatre Museum opens at the following times:
Tuesday to Saturday: from 10 am to 6 pm.
Sundays: from 10 am to 2 pm.
Students under 25 years of age, young people with a youth card, unemployed people, retired people, disabled people and large families can book the discounted ticket provided that they present the corresponding accreditation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Discounted ticket||Children under 3 years old|
|Entrance with audioguide||
Discounted ticketUS$ 6
Children under 3 years oldFree
Entrance with audioguide
Discounted ticketUS$ 9.10
Children under 3 years oldFree
Entry to the Cartagena Roman Theatre Museum.
Audioguide (option depending)
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, there is a loan service of manual wheelchairs.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Palacio Pascual del Riquelme.