Discover the cultural heritage of Lugo's historic center when you take our fantastic guided walking tour of the ancient Roman city. Best of all, it's free!
Free Tour of Lugo
Our free guided tour of Lugo begins at the giant chess set in Plaza Mayor square. The route takes us from this point through the historical heart of this elegant city and past some of the most important sights.
Lugo, called Lucus Augusti during the times of the Roman Empire, is home to two UNESCO World Heritage Sites - the Roman Wall and Lugo Cathedral. It is also one of the principal stops on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route which runs along the north of Spain.
After exploring the essential sights around the historical center of Lugo, it is time to try some of the famous local gastronomy in the traditional bars and eateries around the Plaza do Campo square.
- You can make a reservation for a maximum of 6 people for this free tour of Lugo.
- Children under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. A maximum of three children is allowed per adult.
- On the tour we will not enter any monument which requires payment, however, we will visit their exterior grounds.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
1 hour 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide specialized in the history of Lugo.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
The giant chess set in Plaza Mayor square in Lugo.