From its foundation as a Roman settlement to its Medieval heritage, Lugo's historic centre is full of fascinating places to discover. Travel back in time on this private guided city tour!
Private Tour of Lugo
Lucus Augusti, the ancient Roman military camp founded by Emperor Augustus, has over the centuries evolved to be a city brimming over with fascinating history. Delve deep into Lugo's past thanks to an expert English-speaking guide, beginning your private tour in the central Praza Maior, the city's main square. Did you know that the Concello, the town hall located on this plaza, is one of the most representative examples of Galician Baroque architecture?
Not far from Praza Maior, you'll reach the Cathedral of Santa María. This impressive Catholic church is one of Lugo's must-see monuments: the magnificent building, a fusion of Gothic, Romanesque, Baroque and Neoclassical, is telling of its lengthy history. Your guide will reveal some of its most curious stories as you admire its architecture!
Continue your private tour of Lugo onwards to the remains of Lucus Augusti. The ancient defensive walls, built by the Romans in the 3rd century, allow you to travel through history to Antiquity. How did the Roman Empire build these stone walls thousands of years ago? And how are they so well preserved today? Discover the answers to these questions and more interesting facts as you explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Your sightseeing tour of Lugo will then come to an end, leaving you enchanted with the curious legends and stories from the long history of this beautiful Galician city.
Why book a private tour?
When you reserve one of our private tours, you benefit from personalised service from an expert English-speaking guide just for you and your group. There will be no one else on your tour, and what's more, if you're a larger group, you'll save money too.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 5 people||Up to 10 people||Up to 15 people|
|Private English language tour||
Private English language tour
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 78.80
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 145.60
Up to 15 peopleUS$ 200.20
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of Lugo history.
Private and exclusive tour, there will be no one else in your group.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Chess board in Praza Maior in Lugo.