Go back to the origins of Mesoamerica and of Mexican culture as you admire the world's largest collection of precolombian art, accompanied by a guide specialist in art and history.
Guided Visit of the National Anthropological Museum
The tour meets at the main entrance to the Anthropological museum, to begin the guided visit of the origins of Mesoamerican culture.
Mexico City's National Anthropological Museum is the the most important museum in Latin America. More than two million people visit every year to see up close the biggest collection of prehispanic art in the world.
Over about three hours, we'll follow in the footsteps of prehispanic societies and get up to date on the most recent archaeological excavationd and ethnographic studies. We'll head back 10,000 years as we admire an impressive collection of day to day objects from Mexico's first inhabitants, as well as symbolic elements from their cultural and religious ceremonies.
You'll be amazed by the famous 'Sun Stone' popularly known as the Aztec Calendar, and we'll discover the secrets it is said to hold regarding the origin of the universe. And what's more, we'll see reconstructions of tombs and temples from the ancient Aztec and Mayan civilisations, and remains from the Zapotec, Toltec, Teotihuacan and Mexica cultures.
Having learnt about the cultural and artistic heritage of Mexico, you will have free time to pass through the museum at your own pace.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11||Children under 3|
Children between 3 and 11US$ 15.40
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Bilingual guide specialist in art and history.
Entry to the National Anthropological Museum.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Main entrance to the National Anthropological Museum.