With this day trip from Mexico City, you'll discover the beautiful town of Bernal, with one of the world's largest monoliths, plus you'll visit a winery and enjoy a wine tasting.
Day Trip to Bernal + Wine Tasting
After meeting up at 6:30 am, we'll board a bus and set out towards the State of Querétaro, located to the northeast of Mexico City.
On the journey, you'll be able to admire the scenery of the centre of the country as we make our way to Bernal. However, before heading to the town, we'll make our way to Peña de Bernal; at 7053 feet high (2150 metres) this is the third-highest monolith of rock on the planet! Once we reach the base, you'll have 45 minutes of free time to take photos and admire the rock before we head to the town.
Our next stop will be at the picturesque town of Bernal. Listed as a Pueblo Mágico (Magical Town) due to its historic and cultural attributes, you're sure to fall in love with its charming, colourful streets. Here, you'll have free time to wander around at your leisure or go shopping for souvenirs.
Bernal isn't just known for its monolith and its beauty, it also has age-old wine traditions which you'll find more about at our next stop. We'll take a short bus ride to the Puerta del Lobo winery where you'll explore its facilities, be told all about the region's wine-making processes and you'll even be able to enjoy a wine tasting.
At the end of the visit, you'll be served an aperitif consisting of bread with crudités, flavoured water and a glass of red wine. Then we'll return to Mexico City to end the activity at 7:30 pm.
Type of Activity
When you make your booking, you can choose between the following two options:
- Standard: Visit to the Peña de Bernal monolith and the town of Bernal, visit to the Puerta del Lobo vineyards and winery, tasting of two young wines, water, a baguette with vegetables and a glass of young wine.
- Premium: Visit to the Peña de Bernal monolith and the town of Bernal, visit to the Puerta del Lobo vineyards and winery, tasting of two young wines, a 375 ml bottle of red wine, water, a baguette with vegetables and a glass of young wine.
When making the reservation, you can choose one of the following collection points:
- Capital Bus Service Center, Liverpool Street # 169 (near the NH Reforma Hotel): at 6:20 am.
- Hostal Amigo (Calle Isabel la Católica, 61): at 6:50 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 66.50
Per personUS$ 83.60
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Guided tour of Bernal.
Guided tour of a winery.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (6:30 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Calle Liverpool, 155.