Teotihuacán, Tlatelolco, Cholula, Puebla, Taxco, Cuernavaca... Discover the regions surrounding Mexico City in a private tour with a guide specialist in local culture.
Our private tours
If you have several days in Mexico City and you want to explore the surrounding regions with a personal exclusive guide, you can reserve any one of our private tours. These tours last between 8 and 12 hours and include hotel pick up, transport in a private vehicle and an English speaking guide.
See the specifics of each excursion below:
What dark secrets does the impressive prehispanic site of Teotihuacán hide? How were the famous sun and moon pyramids constructed? On this tour we'll see the most visited archaeological site in Mexico, discovering why it's been declared a UNESCO world heritage site. This tour takes a similar route to that of the Teotihuacán Pyramids Sunrise Tour.
Teotihuacán, Basílica de Guadalupe and Tlatelolco
On this tour, we'll discover the history of the Mexican capital and its religious fervour. We'll visit what was once the capital of the Aztec Empire (Tlatelolco), one of the most popular sites of religious pilgrimage in the world (La Villa de Guadalupe) and Mexico's most visited archaeological site (Teotihuacán). We'll follow a route similar to that of the excursion to Teotihuacán, Basílica de Guadalupe and Tlatelolco.
Cholula and Puebla
The first part of this excursion, as we leave Mexico City behind, through the stunning landscapes provided by the impressive Iztaccíhuatl y Popocatépetl volcanoes. Then we'll visit Cholula, the oldest living city in America, and also home to "Great Pyramid of Cholula", the largest pyramid in the world by volume with a base of 450 square metres. And then we'll make our way to Puebla, to discover why it is known as the "City of Angels" as we admire the Spanish colonial architecture of its historic centre. The itinerary is similar to that of the Puebla and Cholula Day Trip.
Cuernavaca and Taxco
The city of eternal spring, one of the oldest cathedrals in America, and the world silver capital... On this excursion, we'll enjoy the eternally warm climate of Cuernavaca, admire its old cathedral (founded by the first Franciscan friars to arrive in Mexico) and be seduced by the regal air of the city of Taxco. This tour follows a similar route to that of Taxco and Cuernavaca Day Trip.
Coyoacán and Xochimilco
What do Leon Trotsky, Octavio Paz and Frida Kahlo all have in common? We'll discover the answer visiting Coyoacán, one of the oldest neighbourhoods of Mexico City. What's more, we'll take a look at one of the most picturesque corners of the Mexican capital and climb on board a traditional trajinera (a small boat decorated with flowers) to cross the Xochimilco canals. This tour follows a similar route to thart of the Coyoacán, Xochimilco and the Frida Kahlo Museum.
Advantages of a Private Tour
Reserving a private excursion means you'll receive a much more personalised service. What's more, you can take the tour any day of the week, modify your itinerary according to your wishes or leave at whatever time you like. And if you're a large group, you'll even save money!
Hotel Pick Up
The guide can pick you up at your hotel (as long as it's central), or you can stay wherever you like. Please take into account that if you begin your private tour at your hotel, the time of the visit itself will be reduced.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 3 people||Up to 8 people|
|Excursion to Teotihuacán||
|Excursion to Teotihuacán, Basílica de Guadalupe and Tlatelolco||
|Excursion to Cholula and Puebla||
|Excursion to Cuernavaca and Taxco||
|Excursion to Coyoacán and Xochimilco||
Excursion to Teotihuacán
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 150.60
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 258.90
Excursion to Teotihuacán, Basílica de Guadalupe and Tlatelolco
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 169.50
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 282.50
Excursion to Cholula and Puebla
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 211.80
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 376.70
Excursion to Cuernavaca and Taxco
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 211.80
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 376.70
Excursion to Coyoacán and Xochimilco
Up to 3 peopleUS$ 127.10
Up to 8 peopleUS$ 263.60
* Children under 5 years old are not allowed to take part in this activity.
6 - 12 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide, specialist in art and history.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in a private vehicle.
Gasoline, tolls, and assoicated costs.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.