Get to know the history of the Mexican capital and its religious fervour on this tour of 3 of the icons of local culture: the archaeological areas of Tlatelolco, Teotihuacán and Villa Guadalupe.
Teotihuacán, Guadalupe Basílica & Tlatelolco Day Trip Itinerary
The tour meets at 8 am in the centre of Mexico City, to begin our 10 hour tour of some of the unmissable sights on any visit to the Mexican capital.
Our first stop will be Tlatelolco, the archaeological site famous for having formed part of the capital of the Aztec empire. We'll visit the Plaza de Tres Culturas, where prehispanic and colonial influences are combined with the present of the Mexican capital. In one fell swoop, we can admire the Aztec pyramids, the viceroy's convent and contemporary buildings.
We then hit the road northwards until we arrive at the feet of the Tepeyac Hill, to pass through Villa Guadalupe, one of the most visited sites of pilgrimage in the world. We'll visit the inside of the current Guadalupe Basilica built in honour to the patron saint of Latin America as well as the old basilica. We'll spend approximately an hour and a half visiting these temples.
We'll continue our tour by visiting Teotihuacán: Mexcio's most visited archaeological site. On the way, we'll make a stop for lunch at a local restaurant. Afterwards, we'll pass through the Road of the Dead todiscover the secrets of the City of the Gods. The tour takes us up to the Quetzalpápalotl Palace and Quetzalcoatl Temple, and you'll have free time, if you want to climb up the Sun or Moon Pyramids.
The tour then finishes back where it started, in Mexico City.
Pick Up Points
This tour includes pick up in three central points of the city;
- Auditorio Nacional, by the lunar sculpture at 07:50.
- Capital Bus Service Centre, 169 Liverpool Street, at 6:20 am.
- Behind the Palacio de Bellas Artes, Avenida de Hidalgo, at 8:50 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 3-11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children from 3-11 years oldUS$ 32.40
Children under 3 years oldFree
8 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Transfer in air conditioned bus.
Bilingual guide, specialist in art and history.
Tickets to the Teotihuacán archaeological zone.
Ticket to Tlatelolco.
Food and Drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can we leave luggage with you?
A - We have room for one large suitcase and one piece of hand luggage per person, but cannot be held responsible for them.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.