Explore the capital of La Altagracia on this day trip to Higüey. You'll discover a sugar and tobacco plantation, magnificent churches, traditional markets and much more!
Higüey Day Trip
At the time you choose, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Punta Cana and set off on an hour's journey to Higüey: the capital of the Dominican province La Altagracia.
The trip will begin with a visit to a tobacco plantation, where we'll go on a tour to learn all about the agricultural techniques used for farming these products, which have been passed down from generation to generation! A step into the past and a totally artisanal experience!
Our next stop will be the Basilica-Cathedral of Nuestra Señora de La Altagracia, dedicated to Our Lady of Altagracia, patroness of the country. We'll admire the breathtaking architecture of this monument.
Then we'll head to Higüey Market and discover the variety of tropical fruits that fill its stands. Afterwards, we'll make our way to the Santuario de San Dionisio church and find out all about the history of this fascinating place of worship.
Lastly, we'll make a stop on the magnificent Macao Beach, where we'll take some great photos. At the end of the trip, we'll take you back to your hotels, arriving between 2 pm and 4 pm.
Hotel pick up
This trip includes pick up and drop off for hotels in the following areas: Punta Cana, Cap Cana, Uvero Alto, Bavaro and Los Corales.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 4 years old|
Children under 4 years oldFree
4 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in minibus.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.