Pass through the Santo Domingo colonial area in this tour where you'll discover the legacy of the Columbus family and the main monuments of the oldest city in America.
Santo Domingo Day Trip
Between 7 and 8 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Punta Cana and set off for Santo Domingo.
Our first stop will be the Los Tres Ojos grotto to see the four lakes inside: Azufre, La Nevera, Las Damas and Zaramagullones. Then we'll stop at the Columbus lighthouse, where the remains of the navigator are said to be located. Next, we'll make a brief stop at the Presidential Palace, a large-scale neoclassical architectural ensemble.
The route will then take us through the historic centre of the city to see the Cathedral Primada de America, the oldest cathedral on the continent, and the Plaza de España, where the Alcázar de Colón, the Admiral's former residence, stands. We'll have the opportunity to explore the Colonial Zone and learn the most curious facts about the past, and you won't stop taking pictures!
We'll visit an amber workshop to see the process the resin goes through until it becomes a conifer fossil. In addition, we'll also see the semi-precious stone Larimar, a variety specific to the Dominican Republic.
After the visit, you'll have 1 hour of free time to buy souvenirs. Finally, we'll enjoy a buffet lunch with rice, meat stew and beans.
The tour will end returning to your hotel between 5 and 6:30 pm.
Hotel Pick Up
This tour includes hotel pick up in the following areas: Bávaro, Punta Cana, Uvero Alto, Bayahibe, Dominicus, La Romana, Juan Dolió and Boca Chica.
Santo Domingo Plane Ride
If you want to get to Santo Domingo from Punta Cana in less than 35 minutes, you can book the Santo Domingo Airplane Tour - you'll be there in no time!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4 years old|
|Tour in English||
US$ 109.40 US$ 91.20
Tour in English
AdultsUS$ 109.40 US$ 91.20
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 45.60
Children under 4 years oldFree
9 hours - 11 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Buffet style lunch.
17% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.