Giant iguanas, sea lions and spectacular volcanic landscapes: discover the magic of Santa Cruz Island on this unforgettable boat cruise!
Santa Cruz Island Boat Tour
We'll pick you up from your hotel on Santa Cruz Island at your selected time and take you to La Lobería, a small islet just two miles away. Here, you'll have the opportunity to spot sea lions in their natural habitat, admiring the large number of the adorable creatures that inhabit the Galapagos Islands.
The next stop will be the Canal de Tiburones, or "Shark Channel". How do you think this rugged volcanic fissure got this name? You'll discover why as we visit this spectacular natural lava formation!
We'll then head to another channel, this time with a friendlier name: welcome to "Love Channel"! This fissure is the perfect place to take some beautiful photos for you to remember the view forever. Next, we'll make our way to Franklin Bay, where we'll find sea turtles, pelicans and herons.
Our boat trip will continue onwards, cruising through Las Grietas on a fifteen-minute ride between dramatic lava rocks. As we sail down the channel, we'll spot cacti, iguanas and numerous different bird species, including Darwin's finches.
Finally, we'll pay a visit to Los Perros Beach, where we'll see lots of crabs as well as the largest marine iguanas in the world. The boat tour will then come to an end in Puerto Ayora after a four hour cruise.
The morning boat trip departs at 9 am, and the afternoon trip departs at 1 pm.
You must stay on Santa Cruz Island the night before this day trip.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Morning boat tour||
|Afternoon boat tour||
Morning boat tour
Per personUS$ 65
Afternoon boat tour
3 - 4 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.