Discover the cultural heritage of the Dominican Republic's capital with this Ciudad Colonial Private Tour. Experience the oldest continuously inhabited European-established settlement.
Ciudad Colonial Private Tour
At the time of your choice, we'll meet in the Parque Colón to begin a guided tour of the Ciudad Colonial neighbourhood in Santo Domingo. Are you ready to explore the corners of the Dominican capital?
Our first stop will be the Primate Cathedral of America, also known as the Basílica Menor de Santa María de la Encarnación. Did you know that it was the first cathedral in America? After admiring this great temple, we'll go to the oldest European bastion on the continent, the Ozama Fortress.
The tour will continue along Las Damas Street, where we'll stop to admire the House of Rodrigo Bastidas, founder of different cities in South America. We'll also see the old residences of Nicolás de Ovando and Dávila, which are authentic traces of the colonial era in Santo Domingo!
Afterwards, we'll pass by the National Pantheon, the Museum of Casa Reales and the Plaza de España, where the symbolic Alcazar de Colón is located. Then we'll have the opportunity to see the ruins of the San Nicolás de Bari Hospital, built in the 16th century.
Our next stop will be the Casa del Cordón, and its curious facade. We'll also see the Our Lady of Altagracia church.
Before concluding the tour, we'll enjoy a delicious cocktail or a juice in the Museum of Rum,and learn about the Dominican liquor tradition. After investigating Santo Domingo's past, the tour will end in this museum.
Advantages of a private tour
When you book a private tour, you'll have an English speaking guide exclusively for you. You can book the tour any day of the week and choose the time of departure. Also, if you're a large group, you'll save money!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 5% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 5% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 5 people||Up to 10 people||Up to 15 people|
|Private tour in English||
Private tour in English
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 119
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 182
Up to 15 peopleUS$ 232
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Private tour, no other people in the group.
When to book?
You can book up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Puerta del Conde, Calle Palo Hincado.