Doña Ana, daughter of the princess of Éboli, was captivated by the landscapes which today bear her name: Doñana. On this day trip, you'll be left in no doubt as to why.
Doñana Day Trip Itinerary
We'll pick you up at your hotel in Seville, hitting the road southwards and beginning our day trip.
Following the course of the Guadalquivir river, we'll cross Coria del Río towards the Dehesa de Abajo natural reserve. In this protected national park, we'll go bird spotting, with the climate and conditions of the wetlands attracting a wealth of different species. In fact, it's home to the largest European colony of storks.
The route then continues southwards in a 4x4, to traverse the Guadalquivir marshes, until we arrive in El Rocio. Here we'll visit the Hermitage, and its virgin, celebrated every Monday during the Catholic period of Pentecost by hundreds of devotees. And for the more scientifically minded, you'll get the chance to see the SEO Observatory - run by Spain's official ornithological society.
Then we'll continue with a walking tour around the Doñana national park, taking a look at its different palaces. Having toured these different buildings on the banks of the river you'll have free time to eat lunch. And during the summer, you can enjoy a quick dip in the sea - don't forget your swimsuit!
Having eaten, we'll take a look at the onubense dunes, the largest in all Spain, before heading back to Seville.
- Students must bring a document which accredits them as such.
- The tour's departure depends on sunrise - the best time to see the variety of wildlife in the area. Therefore the start time varies, but once you have made your reservation, the local provider will contact you to let you know the exact pick up time.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Doñana day trip
Children between 4 and 17 years oldUS$ 71.20
Students up to 25 years oldUS$ 71.20
Children under 4 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
hotel pick up and drop off.
Spanish speaking guide.
Bus transport to Doñana.
Transport by 4x4 through the northern Doñana.
Food and Drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 8 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.