Embark on a full-day tour to Chefchaouen, popularly known as “Morocco’s Blue City”, from Tangier, and explore this magical city with an English-speaking guide.
Benefits of booking a private tour
Enjoy a completely personalized service by booking this private tour. Your English-speaking chauffeur will reveal interesting facts just for you, your family or friends. If you are traveling with a large group, you’ll also save money.
Leave Tangier behind and travel to Chefchaouen, also called Chaouen, one of the most superb interior destinations in Morocco, perched on the Rif Mountains.
Upon arrival in the city, immerse yourself in Chefchaouen’s medina, one of the most picturesque historic centers in Morocco. Accompanied by an English-speaking local guide, you will enjoy strolling through its winding streets flanked by pretty blue houses. You will also visit its souks.
On your tour, you will also be led to the Ethnographic Museum of Chaouen (admission ticket not included). It houses a collection of regional dresses, musical instruments and handcrafted objects, which will give you an idea about the way of life of the inhabitants of this area of Morocco.
Afterwards, choose a restaurant to have lunch at your own leisure for approximately one hour. We recommend you try the tagine, an exquisite dish made of meat and vegetables.
In the afternoon, you will head back to Tangier.
Self-guided tour or guided tour
You can book a guided walking tour of Chaouen with a local English-speaking guide or, if you prefer, you can explore the city at your own pace, without a guide.
Regardless the option you choose, this day tour includes an English-speaking chauffeur, who will reveal insightful information during the drive from Tangier to Chefchaouen.
You choose your pick-up location
You can choose this private excursion from your hotel in Tangier. If you get to the city by ferry, we can also collect you from the port or a centrally-located meeting point. You choose!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
Private Day Trip without Guide
Up to 4 GuestsUS$ 182.30
Up to 8 GuestsUS$ 243.10
Up to 12 GuestsUS$ 279.60
Up to 16 GuestsUS$ 303.90
Private Day Trip with Guide
Up to 4 GuestsUS$ 230.90
Up to 8 GuestsUS$ 291.70
Up to 12 GuestsUS$ 328.20
Up to 16 GuestsUS$ 352.50
The activity takes place with an escort that speaks in english and other languages.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking chauffeur.
Local English speaking guide in Chefchaouen (optional).
We will collect you from your hotel, Tangier Port or from an arranged meeting point.
Exclusive private day trip, only for you, your friends and family.
Entrance to the Ethnographic Museum of Chaouen (10 dirhams, 1 euros approximately).
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.