Discover the incredible fusion of tastes that make up the cuisine of northern Morocco on this food tour of Tangier. What are you waiting for?
Tangier Food Tour
At 11 am on the day of your tour, meet your guide in Sour Meêgazine, a square just a few streets away from the busy port of Tangier.
From here, you'll embark on your tour of the coastal city's delicious cuisine. As you explore the streets and delve into the culture of northern Morocco, you'll be enticed by the aroma of spices from the different traditional cafes and restaurants.
Morocco is famous for its rich cuisine: thanks to its location in northern Africa, its history and culture, and therefore food, have been entwined with Berber, Arabic, Sephardi and Mediterranean gastronomies. You'll experience the fusion of influences for yourself as you indulge in one of the country's most typical dishes: kalinti, a tart made of chickpea flour and eggs.
You'll try different traditional recipes in each of the stops you make throughout your route around Tangier. Sample maakouda, or potato patties; sweets made of almonds; famous Arabic bread, or khbuz; freshly squeezed fruit juice and much more.
For the cherry on the cake, you'll end your food tour in a traditional restaurant, where you'll be served a hearty typical lunch of Moroccan specialities.
Full and happy after a mouth-watering meal, you'll return to the original meeting point at 2 pm.
Options for vegetarians
The food served on this tour can be adapted for vegetarians. However, you must state this in the comments section when you make your booking.
The products offered during this tour may vary depending on availability on the day.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 75% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Adults||Children under 5 years old|
Children under 5 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
6 stops to taste typical delicacies.
Lunch or dinner in a local restaurant.
Non alcoholic drinks.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.