Discover the magnificent Valencian Sistine Chapel with this ticket for the church of San Nicholas. You will be amazed by the architecture of its magnificent vaults!
What to expect?
The Church of San Nicolas is a must-see in Valencia. One of the oldest places in the city, it was founded more than 700 years ago on the site of a Roman temple. The church was donated by King Jaime I of Aragon to the Dominican monks, who dedicated it to San Nicolás Obispo.
San Nicolás is a fine example of a mix of Gothic structure and Baroque decoration. During the 17th and 18th centuries, a transformation from Gothic to Baroque took place, which was especially present in the architecture: the arches and vaults were softened and the latter were frescoed with scenes from the life of Saint Nicholas and Saint Peter the Martyr.
The beauty and spectacularity of this pictorial cycle make it compare to the vault of San Nicholas with the Sistine Chapel of the Vatican. The endless frescoes have recently been restored, making them even more appealing to visitors.
With this ticket and the included audio guide, you will learn all about the details of the Valencian Sistine Chapel and find out about the miracle which took place here.
The Church of San Nicolás has the following opening hours:
- Tuesday to Friday: from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Saturdays: from 10 am to 6:30 pm.
- Sundays: from 1 pm to 6 pm.
The church is closed on 6 Day and 25 December.
If you want to save money, you have the option of reserving the combined ticket with audio guide in five languages (including English) to the Church of Santos Juanes, San Nicolás and the Silk Museum. You will have a week to visit these three essential monuments in Valencia. Children under 12 years old go free.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Ticket with audioguide
Children up to 12 years oldFree
3 monument combined ticketUS$ 9.70
The activity takes place with an audioguide in in english and other language.
Entry to the Church of San Nicolas.
English language audioguide on your mobile phone.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
35 Calle Caballeros street.