Immerse yourself in the world of Game of Thrones on this free tour of its filming locations in Girona. Discover intriguing anecdotes about one of the most popular series in recent years.
Free Game of Thrones Tour of Girona
Meet your guide in Plaça de Sant Feliu in the heart of Girona's historic centre, ready to begin your free walking tour around the city in search of the filming locations of the legendary TV series Game of Thrones.
The first stop on your tour will be outside the Girona Cathedral. Recognise the stairs leading up to the majestic church? They starred as the setting of Margaery Tyrell's Standoff at the Great Sept of Baelor in King's Landing. Just behind the cathedral, you'll find the Carrer del Bisbe Josep Cartañà, where Arya Stark begs for help on a street in Braavos.
Continuing on your route, you'll reach Sant Pere de Galligants Abbey, which Game of Thrones fan will surely recognise as the Citadel Grand Library. Just in front of the monastery, you'll find yourself in the Plaça dels Jurats, whose Medieval architecture did not go unseen by the series' directors, who chose this spot in Girona to film the theatre scene where Arya discovers what has happened to her family...
Throughout your free tour, you'll not only be entertained with curious facts about Game of Thrones but about the city of Girona too. You'll end the tour feeling like a true expert!
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 minutes before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 6 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Plaça Sant Feliu.