Follow in the footsteps of one of Spain's most important historic communities on this tour through Girona's Jewish Quarter. Discover the fascinating mix of Roman, Medieval and Jewish heritage drawn together from different periods in history.
Jewish Quarter Tour
Meet at 10 am in Plaça de Sant Feliu square to begin your guided tour through the Jewish neighbourhood of Girona, one of the best preserved in Europe. This district, whose original appearance has been well preserved, is located in the heart of the city and is full of ancient remains from its Roman and Medieval past. Known popularly as the "Call", this area was home to one thousand inhabitants during the Middle Ages, making it one of the most important Jewish communities in Spain's history.
As you explore the pretty narrow streets of the Jewish Quarter, the hometown of Nachmanides, the Medieval Kabbalistic philosopher, physician and Sephardic Rabbi, you'll visit the spots where the city's three synagogues were located.
During the guided tour you will find out all about the customs and traditions of the Jewish people who lived here, as well as the tools that they used, and the design of their houses. You'll also visit the Museum of Jewish History to learn about their way of life.
Your guide will then lead you around the labyrinthine streets while explaining the history of the Expulsion of the Jews in 1492, an act that ended 600 years of coexistence. After three hours exploring the "Call", your tour will come to an end, and you'll have newfound knowledge of the profound influence that the Jewish community left in Girona.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 11|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 11Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Guided tour of the Jewish Quarter.
Guided tour of the Museum of Jewish History.
When to book?
You can book up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Plaça de Sant Feliu square.