Discover how Galicia's ancient Celtic inhabitants lived visiting the Castro de Viladonga Museum and Archaeological Site. You'll also explore the beautiful landscapes around the Miño River.
Castro de Viladonga Tour
Having been picked up from your hotel on the day of your tour, you'll set off from Lugo towards the town of Castro de Rei, where the ancient ruins known as the Castro de Viladonga are located.
Arriving at the pre-Roman hillfort, you'll embark on a guided tour of the archaeological site. Learn all about the culture, customs and way of life of the Celtic people who lived here thousands of years ago as you see preserved remains of city walls, houses and public buildings. The archaeological complex will give you fascinating insight into the "Castro culture" of these ancient fortified settlements which are dotted all over north-western Spain and Portugal.
Delve deeper into the history of this important era of Antiquity visiting the Castro de Viladonga Archaeological Museum. From scale models to artefacts found in the castro, the exhibitions will help you better understand daily life in pre-Roman Galicia.
After visiting Castro de Viladonga, you'll be taken to Fonmiñá Lake, located in the outskirts of the town of Meira. Enjoy walking around the beautiful natural landscapes of the source of the Miño River, and discover the legends associated with the springs, which originate from the nearby Pedregal de Irimia.
At the end of your tour, you'll return to your minibus for the journey back to Lugo.
This excursion includes a pick up service from hotels in Lugo around 9:30 am. If you're not staying in the city or you'd prefer to make your way to the meeting point, meet at Praza de Bretaña at 10 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 25.40
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking multilingual guide.
Entrance to Castro de Viladonga Museum and Archaeological Site.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Praza de Bretaña.