Immerse yourself in the beautiful landscapes of the Sil River Canyons on this tour from Lugo. What's more, you'll enjoy a tasting of local wine too!
Ribeira Sacra Tour
Having been picked up from your hotel in Lugo, you'll leave the city behind and head south towards the Ribeira Sacra, an area of outstanding natural beauty whose name translates roughly as "Sacred Shores".
To make the most of your time in this spectacular area of Galicia, you'll climb aboard a tourist train (between October and May) or a boat (between June and September), which will take you on a sightseeing adventure around the canyons of the Sil River.
The river runs between dramatic gorges, whose banks are covered in almost impossibly steep vineyards. From this complex system of vines come white wines labelled with the Ribeira Sacra Denominación de Origen.
Just before embarking on your train or boat tour of the Sil River landscapes, you'll have the opportunity to taste the excellent wines for which the area is famous. You'll make a stop at the Regina Viarium winery, where you'll enjoy a sampling of these delicious beverages while admiring the magnificent views over the Ribeira Sacra from the bodega's viewpoint.
Then, at the end of your tour of the Ribeira Sacra, you'll make the return journey to Lugo.
Hotel pick up
This excursion includes a pick up service from hotels in Lugo at 9 am. If you're not staying in the city or you're just passing by, you can make your own way to the meeting point, and meet us at Praza de Bretaña at 9:30 am.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children between 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 47.30
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking multilingual guide.
Tourist train tour (October to May) or boat cruise (June to September).
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Praza de Bretaña.