Travel to Sagunto and discover the cultural legacy left by the Romans who populated this historic city more than two thousand years ago. You will encounter important ancient Roman remains such as the theatre, the castle, and the iconic Via Augusta road.
We will pick you up from your selected meeting point at the scheduled time before heading towards Sagunto, a historic Roman city located about twenty miles from Valencia. During the journey, you will witness some of the earliest Roman settlements on this land, dating back more than two thousand years ago. You will travel back in time to another era!
Once in Sagunto, we will begin to explore the Roman vestiges that still stand in the city, such as the famous castle. This strategically located hill-top fortress was built to protect the city from external attacks.
We then enter the old town of Sagunto, characterized by steep cobbled streets. You will feel like true a Romans here! Our next stop is the famous Roman theatre of Sagunto, the iconic symbol of the city. Amazingly, this was the very first building declared a National Monument of Spain.
After seeing the stage and the stands of this ancient theatre, we will walk along the stretch of the iconic Via Augusta road which passed through Sagunto. The largest, most famous Roman road on the Iberian Peninsula is more than 900 miles long!
After discovering the secrets of Sagunto, we will return to the hotels of Valencia.
Pick Up Points
When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select your preferred pick up point in Valencia:
- Serrans Gate
- Ciutat de la Justícia (at the bus stop next to the El Saler Shopping Centre)
- Torres de Quart
- Hotel NH Valencia Center
- Sercotel Sorolla Palace Hotel (Avinguda de les Corts Valencianes)
- Hotel SH Hotel Inglés (Carrer Marqués de dos Aigües, 6)
- Hotel Las Arenas
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 7 to 10 years old||Children under 7|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 7 to 10 years oldUS$ 35.10
Children under 7not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Pick up and drop off at selected meeting point.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the monuments (Museum, Castle, and Theatre).
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.