Discover why the silk trade was so important in Valencia when you purchase this ticket for the city's fascinating Silk Museum. Included is a brilliant audioguide that reveals all the secrets as you explore the rooms.
What to expect?
For centuries, Valencia was home to the Gremi de Velluters, producers of silk velvet. The booming silk industry there originated in the hands of Genoese artisans and was consolidated during the 15th century, bringing a period of wealth and splendor to the city.
The Silk Museum takes you through the history and development of this trade, from its discovery to the breeding of worms and the elaboration of silk on the looms. You will find out fascinating facts such as that in Valencia there were almost 5000 looms. This and many other curiosities will be revealed with this ticket to the Silk Museum.
In this visit to the museum, you will admire the tools and machines used in the production of the looms, as well as samples of silk velvet and traditional costumes made with this material.
The Silk Museum is open at the following times:
- Friday to Sunday: from 10 am to 2:30 pm.
If you want to save money, you have the option of reserving the combined ticket with audio guide in five languages (including English) to the Church of Santos Juanes, San Nicolás and the Silk Museum. You will have a week to visit these three essential monuments in Valencia. Children under 12 years old go free.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Ticket with audioguide
Children up to 12 years oldFree
3 monument combined ticketUS$ 9.60
The activity takes place with an audioguide in in english and other language.
Ticket for the Silk Museum.
English language audioguide.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, most areas are accessible.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
7, Carrer de l'Hospital.